layer-8
Thursday, May 18, 2006
  a-splunking we will go
Splunk 2.0 is just out, and I thought I'd give it a go. I've just finished downloading the thing on to one of our servers. It is now 23:47 and the download took a whole 3 minutes.

I'm doing the "look mom, no wires" installation kind, no manual, no nothing, just to see how it goes.

we start off by chmod a+x splunk-2.0.1-linux-installer.bin , and then ./splunk-2.0.1-linux-installer.bin

Licenses... oh well... let's just say "yes", shall we?

The defaults are pretty sensible for a test install. The only thing I changed was where it asked me how much free space to leave on the device.

It seems to be installed and running, and the whole process took less than 10 minutes, download included.

I'll let you know in the morning how fun it is to use.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
layer-8:
Juliao Duartenn's thoughts on people and technology

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portugal
ARCHIVES
March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 /

BLOGS I READ

OTHER STUFF I READ

ORGANIZATIONS

LATEST TAGS


TAG CLOUD

MUSIC I LISTEN TO

Powered by Blogger